Friday, July 5, 2013

Carbon Footprint

My carbon footprint is higher than I expected. My home and waste expenses are much more elevated that I would have thought; to decrease this I would try to install more efficient lighting and make an effort to unplug appliances when not in use. Living in an apartment makes being energy efficient more difficult than living in a house or in the suburbs, as many things can't be changed due to rules and regulations. Now that I don't drive a car, my carbon footprint is less than it would have been, but it's still high. Comparing my number to the US average is surprising, but comparing it to the world average is downright shocking.




If you want to take this survey, go to http://www.nature.org/greenliving/carboncalculator/index.htm 

No comments:

Post a Comment